Autopsies confirm carbon monoxide poisoning of victims in Orofino house fire

OROFINO, ID - Clearwater County coroner Will Rambeau and a forensic pathologist finished all autopsies earlier Tuesday at Kimball Funeral Home in Pullman.

It is now confirmed that all five individuals died from carbon monoxide poison, not from smoke inhalation. An insurance investigator found two smoke alarms on the property yesterday, but smoke detectors do not detect carbon monoxide gas. All five bodies have been released to Pine Hills Funeral Chapel in Orofino.