Autopsy reveals WSU student died from alcohol poisoning

PULLMAN, WA - The Whitman County Coroner has confirmed that 18-year-old Kenneth Hummel died from alcohol poisoning.

Hummel was found in bed in a Washington State University residence hall early Saturday morning. Two students performed CPR on Hummel while another called 911, however he was unresponsive. Hummel was transported to Pullman Regional Hospital and died in the emergency room.

According to the coroner, his blood alcohol level was more than .4%, which is a lethal level. The Hummel family believes that combining alcohol with energy drinks may have attributed to their son's death. WSU officials have created a special task force to address binge drinking in reaction to Hummel's death.