Electrical cord over-heated causing electrical fire at house in Asotin

ASOTIN, WA - The hot, dry conditions aren't only affecting area forests, Asotin city and county fire departments responded to a house fire last weekend.

Luckily the house is still intact because firefighters were able to get in quickly and put it out within minutes. We've told you about how to prevent a fire around your property, but what about a fire that could start inside your home when you least expect it?

"This was a room and contents fire," said Asotin County Fire Chief Noel Hardin. "There was an electrical cord running from a fifth wheel camper, through the bedroom and it over-heated which caught the mattress in the bedroom on fire."

An electrical fire like this can happen at any time in your home. That's why it's important to have a fire extinguisher that's specifically designed to be used on electrical fires.

There's different types of fire extinguishers that are designed for different types of fire. It's important to know what your purchasing and how to use it.

For more fir tips, visit: