Electrical fire causes $20,000 damage to garage in Pullman

PULLMAN, WA - A family of four is safe Wednesday night thanks to Pullman firefighters' quick response to a garage fire.

The blaze caused more than $20,000 in damage early Wednesday morning. The garage on Northwest Lancer Lane was engulfed in flames when emergency responders arrived on the scene just after midnight. Fire Prevention Officer Rich Dragoo said the garage is a total loss, and two cars were severely damaged, but the important thing is that no one was hurt.

"All four occupants that were in the house at the time of the fire evacuated the house," said Dragoo. "No smoke inhalation or burns or anything. So everything turned out good."

Dragoo said it only took about ten minutes to put the fire out, but the damage could have been much worse if they didn't respond so quickly. Dragoo said it was an electrical fire that couldn't have been prevented, but they're still looking into exactly why it happened. The family is still living at home, and they do have electricity.