Moscow Fire Marshal Joe Williams said they don't know the exact number of people who were living in the Campus View Apartment building on 'A' Street, but he said no one will be able to move back in anytime soon.
The fire destroyed three of the twelve units. Williams said it started in the bathroom ceiling of the first floor unit, near the fan.
"We cannot determine for sure if the exhaust fan caused the fire without further laboratory examination of the component," said Moscow Volunteer Fire Department Fire Marshal and Division Chief Joe Williams.
Williams said the Moscow Volunteer Fire Department has concluded its investigation, and the Idaho State Fire Marshall will look into the results of the lab tests. Williams said it's up to the insurance companies to decide if the building is a total loss, or if it's salvageable.
No one was injured as a result of the fire, and Williams said the dog they rescued from the burning building is doing just fine Friday.