Malfunctioning fan caused shop fire in Lewiston

LEWISTON, ID - New information about a fire that engulfed a man's shop Saturday evening, destroying several vehicles and motorcycles he kept in the building.

The accident that happened on the 900 block of 17th Avenue in Lewiston, occurred when Dwight Palett went back to his home adjacent to his shop, after working on his vehicles.

According to Lewiston Fire officials, a malfunctioning fan was left running which resulted in the fire that's estimated to be a total loss of the garage and everything inside. However no one was hurt and the fire didn't spread beyond the initial structure.